‘Excellent at discussing the terms of patents in a way we can all understand’
Ben is a patent expert with real-world experience as an engineer in manufacturing. His ability to create and strengthen his clients’ patent and design position is what makes him a much sought after industry professional. With a unique combination of practical engineering skills and patent expertise, Ben has a refreshingly practical, results-driven approach to intellectual property law.
Ben excels at working with businesses new to the patent and registered design systems to cost-effectively build a commercially effective patent and design position. He delivers outstanding results, on time and exactly to specification.
With a background in engineering, Ben has practical experience including more than five years as a design engineer with a Melbourne-based manufacturer, and a short stint in Switzerland with a manufacturer of gas turbines.
Since his engineering days, Ben has practised in patent and design law for more than 15 years, gaining experience in a wide range of industries, including oil and gas and other mining equipment, civil engineering, medical devices, food handling, pumps, fans and domestic items.
Ben is a registered patent attorney in Australia and New Zealand. He has a Master of Intellectual Property Law from the University of Melbourne and a Bachelor of Engineering (1st Class Hons) and Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University.
- The demise of the innovation patent confirmed 12/05/2020
- Extending Australian patent and trade mark deadlines amid COVID-19 (further update) 01/05/2020
- Innovation into Profit Program 05/03/2020
- Taking another swing for charity 17/02/2020
- New Zealand patent fees to increase in 2020 25/10/2019
- Australian patent claim construction and the importance of amendments to suit Australian practice 09/10/2019
Engineering patents and manufacturing patents. Melbourne based. International reach.
BRM PATENT ATTORNEYS